We all want to keep our teeth and gums healthy, but sometimes it's difficult to properly do denture care while enjoying the foods we love. The foods we consume can make a big difference in how well our dentures fit, so avoiding certain food items is an important step for easy denture care. Dentures are…
How Oral Surgery Can Help Replace Missing Teeth
Oral surgery can replace your missing teeth. Tooth loss is a universal health problem. There are many causes of tooth loss. Poor oral hygiene, taking certain medications for an extended period, and different diseases are only a few.
Dental implant surgery is a very common procedure. This surgery is like regular dentures. The only difference is the implants act as a bridge between the missing or remaining teeth. Dental implant surgery involves surgically implanting a metal crown or a metal bar directly into the jawbone.
Surgery is one of the many options to replace your missing teeth. Patients all over request dental implants to help them get back their smiles and take care of their oral health.
Why should I replace missing teeth?
There are so many reasons you should want to replace your missing teeth. Oral health is very important in your overall health, and you need to pay attention to your teeth for this reason.
- Having missing teeth will affect the appearance of your face. We all want to make a good impression, and the first feature people tend to notice is your smile
- Over time, having multiple missing teeth will affect the way you chew, making it difficult to eat certain foods, and it can even alter the way you speak
- You may feel less confident if you are missing teeth. You won’t smile, and you will be self-conscious when talking to others
- When you are missing teeth, the bone structure in your face is affected, and your jaw will start to shrink. This will make you appear much older than your actual age
- Missing teeth can lead to TMDC (Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction)
Oral surgery to have dental implants is one of the easiest ways to replace your teeth. You do not want to live with missing teeth if a procedure is available to fix the problem.
Will my insurance cover dental implants?
Having dental implants may be a more expensive option, but it is worth it. In most cases, basic dental plans don’t cover dental implants. You can see if your dental plan offers cosmetic procedure coverage. This type of coverage will help pay for your implants, depending on how the policy is written.
Whenever you are unsure about your dental insurance coverage, be sure to call and speak with someone to get all the facts. Your dentist's office staff will also be able to help you get in touch with your insurance company.
Even if your dental insurance doesn’t cover implants, most general dentists offer low-interest finance plans, and you should be able to find one to fit your budget.
Having surgery is the perfect alternative to living with missing teeth. Don’t let the fear of the unknown keep you from your smile.
Talk to a dentist about all the options available to you.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Oral Surgery in New Windsor, NY.