When Would a Dentist Recommend CEREC?
CEREC® machines allow dentists to design and fabricate custom dental restorations as their patients wait in a dental chair. This allows dentists to fit the finished product in a single visit. In today’s world, the convenience of combining dental procedures is a huge selling point for same-day restorations.
Imagine the time savings if you could get a root canal and a permanent crown in a single dentist’s appointment. People with tight schedules or a fear of the dentist would happily merge the two procedures. If this sounds good, keep reading to learn if CEREC is a good fit for you.
Same-day restorations with CEREC: basic information
Dentists who lack in-office fabrication systems rely on external dental labs for restorations. It could take up to two weeks for restorations to get back to the clinic. In the meantime, their patients have to settle for temporary restorations as they wait for permanent ones.
Having an in-office milling system streamlines the process. Here is how same-day CEREC restorations work:
- The dentist evaluates their patient’s tooth or teeth. They might recommend x-rays if the patient’s situation requires it
- If the patient has a problem like tooth decay, the dentist will administer an anesthetic and treat the tooth
- Next, the dentist files away a thin layer of enamel off the tooth
- They go on to use an intra-oral scanner to take pictures of the patient’s teeth
- The scanner feeds the images into a computer that runs CEREC software
- CEREC’s modeling module will use the scans to create a 3D image of the patient’s smile
- The dentist uses the digital model to design a crown that blends perfectly with the patient’s smile
- They will incorporate their patient’s feedback before sending the design to CEREC’s milling module, much like a person would ‘send’ a document to the printer
- CEREC’s milling machine will carve the restoration using the design as a basis
- Lastly, the dentist will fit the restoration
The success of any dental restoration rests on the dentist’s ability to form an accurate diagnosis. It also depends on the skill and precision of the dentist across all stages of the CEREC process. Reasons a dentist might recommend CEREC include:
1. CEREC is suitable for cosmetic dental work
A patient with an otherwise healthy tooth could upgrade their smile with same-day restorations. It comes down to the fact that healthy teeth with cosmetic problems only require the fitting of cosmetic restorations. The simplicity of such procedures lends itself to CEREC restorations.
2. Patients with a phobia of the dentist are good candidates for same-day restorations
Anyone who has to dig deep to find the courage to see the dentist is a good candidate for CEREC. Their dentist will combine in-depth evaluation, treatment, and the placement of a restoration into a single procedure.
3. Patients with tight schedules
In a fast-paced world, it is hard enough to get time off for one day, let alone two. A dentist may recommend same-day restorations to patients with time constraints.
Restore the look of your smile in a matter of hours
AT Advanced Dental, we pride ourselves on creating brilliant smiles that deserve their own billboards. Our dentist uses a CEREC system that delivers same-day restorations. Give us a call or visit our New Windsor clinic to set up an appointment with our dentist.
Request an appointment here: https://advanceddentalofnewwindsor.com or call Advanced Dental at (845) 228-8048 for an appointment in our New Windsor office.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: CEREC Dentist in New Windsor, NY.
CEREC® machines allow dentists to design and fabricate custom dental restorations as their patients wait in a dental chair. This treatment option enables dentists to fit the finished product in a single visit. In today’s world, the convenience of combining dental procedures is a huge selling point for same-day restorations.Imagine the time savings if you…
To restore teeth, CEREC® crowns can be an effective option. There are various instances when a crown can be helpful. Getting a crown in one visit has benefits that other methods cannot give you. Ultimately, these crowns can improve your appearance and oral health. It can give you peace of mind to understand how the…
For patients getting ready to undergo dental restoration with a CEREC® dentist, worries are common. Many patients are concerned that their smiles may be impacted, such as if a new crown does not quite match the color of their existing teeth. In fact, this technique uses Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramic® technology to create…
Getting a crown is a fairly common occurrence in a dentist’s office, but there are differences between CEREC® crowns and traditional crowns. It is not surprising for someone to need at least one crown during their lifetime, and learning about the available options for this dental treatment can make you better informed when the time…